Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bahama Mama

Sorry it's been so long since I last posted, but I was in the Bahamas for a solid week for work and then spent the last week trying to play catch-up with my other clients!

The Bahamas Weather Conference was an absolute (and QUITE successful) whirlwind. We stayed at the Westin Our Lucaya on Grand Bahama Island, which was lovely. Palm trees, infinity pools, great restaurants, etc. All of the planning we did over the past eight months totally paid off when multiple people approached me to tell me our team was a "well-oiled machine." They thought we pulled the entire conference off flawlessly, which is fantastic (little do they know that there were a couple of brief moments here and there that were anything but flawless, but we made things work in the end)! 104 meteorologists, 150 live broadcasts from the Bahamas, numerous insightful presentations on weather/forecasting/insurance and the 2008 hurricane forecast (which said it will be an active year, uh oh).

The "well-oiled machine":
My office for the week:



The resort:





No comments: